Update 16/04/14 – due to BigCommerce changing their login system I have updated this post
1. You may find this stage is not necessary but it seems to be the case that WebDav will randomly not work with the default user so you may need to create a new one. In your BigCommerce Admin Panel go to ‘Users’ (in the top right) and ‘Create a User Account’.
2. Make sure that WebDav is ticked for this BigCommerce user, and copy the Password (it will be a long string of letters and numbers and is different from your store admin area password). You’ll also need to copy the Path.
3. In Dreamweaver go to ‘Connect using’ and pick ‘WebDav’.
4. In the URL field, enter the URL copied from before but add /template/ to the end of it. It should look like this: https://www.your-website.com/dav/template/
5. Enter your username – this is the email address you use to access your BigCommerce Store
6. Enter the password copied from before, this is different to the password you use to access your store.
6. In the ‘web url’ field you now need to delete /dav/template/ from the end of the url. It should look like this: https://www.your-website.com